It’s Day Seven of NaNoWrimo! How are you doing on your word count so far?
Right now, I’m ahead by several thousand words (yay for me!).
Just so you know, for the month of November, each week I’m going to be chronicling my NaNoWriMo experiences. Here is Week #1!
Here are just a few things that happened to me in the last five days:
- On Day 1 I wrote 5,000 words. Yes!
- I’ve gone to two write-ins, both at libraries. I really encourage any of you to do this, whether or not you’re NaNo-ing. It’s a great experience to meet other writers, and it’s so encouraging.
- I’m nearly halfway through my novel now!
- I kind of cheated (you could say I’m a NaNoRebel), and had already written 10,000 words in my novel. Well, it says write “50,000 words in a month” so that’s what I’m doing. Just in my own way!
- My characters have declared the fact that they like each other. (Aw, isn’t that sweet.) After like four books.
- My homework is currently interfering with me writing today. Ugh. Why can’t November be Homework-Free Month?
- I’ve tried telling everyone I can that I’m participating in NaNoWriMo. (Accountability!)
- Most importantly (even more important than writing?! well, maybe), I’ve met a ton of new writers who are just like me, who all want to be published, and all are pushing toward the goal of 50,000 words in one month. It’s the best thing ever.
So what are you doing reading this post? Go write!
~ J. Dominique