Hey, everybody! How are you all doing? I’m here to tell you that I’m doing quite fabulous. Here are just a few things I’ve been up to in the last few months:
1. I’ve been editing my “Eternal” series. Haven’t made a ton of progress on that, unfortunately, but I still have quite a while before I have to get it done.
2. I submitted my first chapter of my first book in the “Eternal” series to a few critiquers. I got a mix of reviews, but mostly positive, which is really encouraging!
3. I’m participating in this April’s Camp NaNoWriMo, and I keep changing my word count goal. First, I was at 20K, then 15K, then 30K, then 50K, and now 60K. I am crazy. But my cabin mates are great and supportive and . . . yes, they’re active!
4. In the middle of Camp NaNoWriMo, I started a new project (because I was so bored with editing . . .). I’m about 40,000 words into that, and I hope to reach at least 55,000 by the end of the week.
5. In my poetry class, I’m learning a lot about cool stuff like alliteration, consonance, meter, hyperbole, things I’ve never thought about before! They’re so cool, and I hope to use them tons in the future (without overdoing it, of course).
6. I’ve been writing so much lately. It’s been great, because before I was just editing which didn’t have a ton of writing involved. It feels good to stretch my muscles again.
And that’s about what all has happened to me that involves writing! How are your writing endeavors going? I would love to hear about them.
~ J. Dominique